Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm Not Into Politics

I've never been into politics. For some reason, politics haven't been of much interest to me. Maybe it's because there seems to be an inherent competition (us vs. them; democrats vs. republicans), and I'm not very competitive.

So today, I want to explain why I'm voting for McCain and Palin. I am simply directing you to Randy Alcorn's recent blog entry where he explains a viewpoint that I agree with. Here's a teaser quote from one of Randy's recent blog entries -

What would you think if a politician said "I'm not pro-rape, I'm simply prochoice about rape. And though I would not choose to rape a woman, I believe that every man should be free to rape a woman if that is his personal choice." And what would you do if that politician promised the rape lobby that if he is elected president, the "first thing I would do" is to sign legislation that would invalidate all the state laws that restrict rape in any way?

Well, I think I would say that man is pro-rape, wouldn't you? But technically, no, he is simply prochoice about rape. Well, okay. Be prochoice about whether someone should eat Mexican food or Chinese food, or cheer for the Phillies or the Rays. But don't be prochoice about whether men rape women or kill children. Because that is to be pro-rape and pro-killing.

Did that get you interested? Here's Randy's blog entry - Why I’m Voting for 98% Pro-life John McCain rather than 100% Pro-legal-abortion Barack Obama

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this; but thank you more for the Randy Alcorn book on Grace and Truth that you loaned me. It, also, brought to light the importance of seeing politics from a proper perspective. God is really using you to shine light on Truth!

    ReplyDelete