Saturday, July 11, 2009

Attitude

Ever notice how much someone’s outlook makes a difference in how they do things. A good example of is Tiger Woods, he simply knows he can win. I bet a major part of his ability to win, has to do with the fact that he knows he can. One small example from my life came years ago. When I was downhill skiing back in my younger days, I came to realize something. As I was headed down a challenging hill, I would sometimes find my tips crossed, or for some other reason I would get off balance and begin to fall. I discovered that if I gave in to the thoughts of falling, I would usually fall. But, if I ‘knew’ I would recover, then I usually did recover, and avoided falling. I suppose some would just call this the ‘power of positive thinking’.

I saw this quote that goes with this line of thought –

  • “If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” – Gandhi

Here are some other famous quotes –

  • “Don’t think you can, know you can” – Morpheus
  • “Do, or do not, there is no try” - Yoda


1 comment:

  1. I was watching that chip when Tiger made it and I will never forget it. Greatest shot I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete