Monday, March 10, 2008

Distractions

Today, I am struck by the distractions we have in life. Each day, I have a chance to spend time on my priorities, but how much time do I waste on distractions? Lots. What are these distractions you ask? How about - a cool flat panel plasma TV with some High-def programming; a computer with e-mail that needs to be read; a guitar with songs that need to be learned and practiced; a yard that needs mowing; a tree that needs trimming; weeds that need pulling; TaylorMade r7 irons and Burner metals that need to hit little white balls. And now, a BLOG that needs writing! Do I need to do all these things? No. What do I need to do? What do I have to do? Of course I have many things that have to be done - I have to go to work; I have to sleep; I have to maintain the house, the car, the yard; and a zillion other things that always need to get done. What should I be doing? I should be spending time with Tracy, Nick and other good friends. I should be spending time with the Creator of the Universe, who wants me to hang out with Him. The tirany of the urgent is always nagging for my time. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to spend some time on the important stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment