Sunday, September 7, 2008

This Old House

I was working on the house yesterday, dreaming of the kind of house I would really like to live in (as well as a more desirable location). A thought crossed my mind-- "I have a house!" How many people in the world would love to have my house?!? (The answer is 'lots'.) The other thing that strikes me is this-- I've always enjoyed taking things apart and putting them back together. I like working with my hands, making things, fixing things, etc. If I lived in a house that didn't require anything to be done to it, I would be bored. So, from now on I will realize just how blessed I am, and I'll whistle a tune while I work on this house!

And while I'm on the subject, every year we go for a few days to a 'Sunset Magazine' house in Carmel-by-the-Sea. It's definitely one of those 'dream' houses I used to envy. And now you can have a 'Look-i-loo' at this remarkable house and it's remarkable owners! Here's the link --> http://stories.lookiloos.com/2008/08/artist-in-resid.html

3 comments:

  1. I have had some TV woes lately. My 52 inch HD set went bad just 5 weeks after getting fixed (to the tune of $650). While we scrape together the $350 it will take to fix it again, we are watching a little 11 inch TV.

    I was bemoaning my fate last week until I realized that I was upset over having to watch a small TV. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you have finally fallen in love with our HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for the link to our site. It really is a beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete